Summer Pottery Classes

 Bonjour ! Its been such a long time since I wrote something but here you go. I have been busy attending pottery classes during the summer where I refreshed my long time infatuation to ceramics.

And voila !! In my first attempt, I managed to make a very pretty cake stand and was able to get the colours and glazes just right.

I had hand built this cake stand right from scratch and it was so gratifying to see it to completion. And I was extremely elated the day it came out of the kiln, all shiny and cheerful. Who ever walked into the pottery class that day , loved it and wanted to make something similar to this cake stand. 

Recently I was working on building a chip and dip tray for which I managed to make the round tray, and successfully built a small dip bowl ( on the wheel). I had scored and fixed the little bowl at the center of the tray, but unfortunately when it was fired the whole tray came out cracked. It was the inconspicuous air bubble which ruined my tray. But I am going to try building this tray again so wish me luck :)

   

                                                                               

                                                                   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did it all start ?

5 things to look for when buying kitchen ceramic canisters